1 full time salaried position
Compensation will be based on qualification and experience.
2 part-time positions
Compensation will be based on qualification, experience and/or club pay scale.
As the Aspire-level Coach at the Ottawa National Diving Club, you will be a motivated, energetic, and passionate coach who will provide leadership and coaching for all Aspire-level athletes.
The successful candidate will:
- lead Aspire-level diving programs, motivating divers to reach their full potential,
and preparing divers for Invitational and Provincial competitions
- help schedule facility times, implement training and practice programs/strategies
- help assess Learn to Dive athletes for consideration of inclusion at the Aspire level, and make recommendations for future actions In conjunction with Board of Directors and Head Coach, the successful candidate will help develop new team strategies, goals, and policies
- Fulfill the lead role of the pre-competitive and Provincial (Aspire) programs, including the management of these groups and the administrative duties related to running the programs and their overall functioning.
- Assist in the development, implementation and evaluation of the Learn to Dive program. Ensure technical content of all Aspire programs is appropriate for skill progression by setting goals, establishing curriculum and plan training programs for each group and athlete.
- Assist in the supervision, direction and leadership of all Learn to Dive coaches.
- Assist and eventually lead the testing of athletes at the provincial and pre-competitive levels.
- Provide recommendations to the Head Coach with regards to athlete group placement and/or advancement of programming.
- Ensure safety procedures are maintained and if accidents occur, ensure proper procedures, reporting, and follow up are completed.
- Maintain ongoing communication with all parents as required (Competition Info, Testing results, Concerns, Progress etc.).
- Act as a liaison between Dive Ontario, Diving Canada, City of Ottawa and the ONDC.
- Attend all technical functions as required.
- Assist in the registration, planning and organizing of scheduled competitions, camps, clinics and professional development as required.
- Fulfill other coaching-related activities include coaching at meets and training camps, attending internal or external meetings and professional development programs.
- Perform other non-coaching program administration and office tasks as assigned.
- Assist in maintaining ONDC presence and promoting the club across social media platforms.
NCCP Instructor Beginner (Level 1) Certified
Ability to speak, read and write in English
Police Record Check – Vulnerable Sector
NCCP Competition Introduction (Level 2) trained/certified
NLS (Lifeguarding) Certification
Ability to speak French
Background in competitive sport
Respect in Sport certification
Please submit resume and cover letter to email@example.com with “Provincial Coach” in the subject line. Posting will be active until June 1st, 2021. Successful candidates will be contacted for further discussion.
If you have any questions about the position or the Ottawa National Diving Club please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Board of Directors
Ottawa National Diving Club